Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 1000.09
Title Winchester Village Improvement Association
Collection Organizations
Object Name Records
Date 1885-1891
Scope & Content The Winchester Village Improvement Assosication volume is an annual report for 16 Sept 1885, a financial statement for prize money given at an exhibition/ program of 17 Sept 1891, their constitution (undated) and the menu card and program bulletin for 6 March 1890. There is a separate pamphlet on the origin of the association from the Winchester Record newspaper of 1886.
Admin/Biographical History The association was formed in 1879/80 to improve and ornament the streets and public grounds by planting and cultivating trees, establishing sidewalks and establishing and protecting grass plots in streets and public squares. They also provided public fountains and drinking troughs and street lighting among other beautification projects.
Copyrights Permission to publish material from this collection is subject to approval by the Town of Winchester.
Finding Aids Finding aid is available. Contact the Archives.
Subjects Clubs
Fountains
Search Terms Winchester Village Improvement Association
People Billings, Charles O.
Dwinell, James Fisher
Eustis, George H.
Folsom, S.H.
Littlefield, George S.
Lunt, Charles F.
March, Dr. Daniel Jr.
Metcalf, Robert C.
Reynolds, Stephen W.
Rogers, George E.
Skillings, David Nelson
Thompson, Abijah
Twombly, Samuel Walker
Tyler, Joseph H.
Wilson, John T.