Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Catalog Number 1300.107
Title Map of Winchester, Mass. 1854. This map adapted by Ernest Dudley Chase form one by H.E. Walling, published in 1854.
Collection Maps and Plans
Object Name Map
Date 1854
Scope & Content Ernest Dudley Chase took the 1854 map and made his own drawing of the town as it was in 1854. There are ten insets that are drawings of the First Congregational Church, Grist Mill, Lyceum Hall, Black Horse Tavern and six houses: Capt. John Symmes, Robert Bacon, Jeduthan Richardson, Marshall Symmes, Thaddeus Parker, Gardner-Swan House, Edward Converse and LeBosquet-Brooks.


Copyrights Permission to publish material from this collection is subject to approval by the Town of Winchester.
Subjects Maps
Mills
Search Terms Black Horse Tavern
Brooks LeBosquet House
Captain John Symmes House
First Congregational Church
Gardner-Swan House
Jeduthan Richardson House
Lyceum Building
Marshall Symmes House
Robert Bacon House
School house
Thaddeus Parker House
People Bacon, Robert
Chase, Ernest Dudley
Converse, Edward
Parker, Thaddeus
Richardson, Jeduthan
Symmes, Capt. John
Symmes, Marshall