|Title||Adelphia Club Records|
|Date||May 26, 1844 - Sept. 21, 1888|
|Scope & Content||
The Adelphian Club was a literary society open to forty men and women. Its purpose was to promate a more friendly and intimate acquaintance among its members and to provide a means of their social entertainment and culture.
The volume contains their constitution and by-laws and the signatures of the original members in their own hand.
The first officers were: president Alfred C. Vinton, secretary Etta C. Wheeler and treasurer Herbert Dwinell.
Meetings were held in Rangeley Hall on the property of David Nelson Skillings. Sometimes the name of the organization was called the Back Log Club referring to where they met - another name for Rangeley Hall.
|Copyrights||Permission to publish material from this collection is subject to approval by the Town of Winchester.|
|Finding Aids||Finding aid is available. Contact the Archives.|
Marble, N. Frank
Quimby, Leone S.
Shattuck, Nathan J.
Skillings, David Nelson
Vinton, Alfred C.
Wheeler, Etta C.