|Title||Whitney Machine Company|
|Collection||Factories & Mills|
|Object Name||Print, Photographic|
Set of six photographs of the Whitney Machine Company annex on Main Street, donated in 1974 by a former time keeper on the construction job. Construction of the 70' x 54' addition began during the first week of July 1918 and about doubled the capacity of the existing building, located on the east side of Main Street across from and a little north of the instersection with Vine Street. Also included in the donation was a seventh picture of "Mr. Ambrose and youngest son [and a goat]." This is likely Michael Ambrose, a resident of 22 Vine Street. His youngest son was Ralph Ambrose, then age 3.
None of the people in the other photographs are identified.
Whitney Machine Company